Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bodies for ReMego Spider-Man, Captain America and Wolverine from Diamond?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megofan
    • Jun 11, 2013

bodies for ReMego Spider-Man, Captain America and Wolverine from Diamond?

As y'all have seen, i'm sure, the new ReMego figures from diamond include three outfits...but only one body. any recommendations on good bodies that will fit those extra heads and costumes? many thanks.
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by megofan
    As y'all have seen, i'm sure, the new ReMego figures from diamond include three outfits...but only one body. any recommendations on good bodies that will fit those extra heads and costumes? many thanks.
    Zica S-type bodied fit perfect...both heads and hands

Comment

• doink1
      • Jul 31, 2014

I was just dealing with that because I purchased the Spider-Man set.

Any of the EMCE bodies will do.. Monsters, create a zombie, Star Trek etc. I used a few draculas I had, however that can get pricey just for the bodies. I spoke with dr Mego.... He said that the Caucasian body that he had on his website ($7.00) is the one to use. The head and hands will fit perfectly with the diamond sets.

I plan on using his bodies for these sets in the future

Comment

• jayraytee
        Career Member
        • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by Teemu
        Zica S-type bodied fit perfect...both heads and hands
        Yep best body out there so far by a long shot.
        My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by doink1
          I was just dealing with that because I purchased the Spider-Man set.

Any of the EMCE bodies will do.. Monsters, create a zombie, Star Trek etc. I used a few draculas I had, however that can get pricey just for the bodies. I spoke with dr Mego.... He said that the Caucasian body that he had on his website ($7.00) is the one to use. The head and hands will fit perfectly with the diamond sets.

I plan on using his bodies for these sets in the future
          for $7 (if you buy 20 Zica bodies) you can get a SUPERIOR,BANDLESS,and MORE Fully poseable body than Dr Mego bodies

Comment

• megofan
            • Jun 11, 2013

okay, the zica toys website is a NIGHTMARE. where can you get their bodies?

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

IMO you can't beat Doc Mego's "Buff" body with the swivel biceps! Superheroes should have BIG shoulders & biceps. Most Mego repro bodies are to skinny.

sigpic

Comment

• ZICA
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by megofan
                okay, the zica toys website is a NIGHTMARE. where can you get their bodies?
                You can buy the bodies on the 8 Inch Super Store website: Type S Body

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                  Permanent Member
                  • Mar 7, 2011

Originally posted by The Bat
                  IMO you can't beat Doc Mego's "Buff" body with the swivel biceps! Superheroes should have BIG shoulders & biceps. Most Mego repro bodies are to skinny.

http://drmego.fatcow.com/store/page10.html
                  Originally posted by ZICA
                  You can buy the bodies on the 8 Inch Super Store website: Type S Body
                  You wont go wrong with either body... Definitely stay away from the CTVT body

Comment

• wise guy
                    Career Member
                    • Dec 29, 2014

I used a FTC new body(china) on my diamond modern Spiderman and it's better than the emce one that came with set .
                    I have had much more issues with Emce bodies snapping off at hip joint than any other remegos
                    2 red panthers right out of package and a bunch of swivel buff bodies are in a junk box in garage . The type -s Zica is the way to go

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

The Type S body is definitely my figure of choice when I'm doing customs or making adjustments to an existing figure. I'm in the middle of a custom right now and just ordered me another one. They're top notch quality. You won't be disappointed.

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by The Bat

http://drmego.fatcow.com/store/page10.html
                        To me, that;s the more modern take. Mego's are children of the 70's, and that's the aesthetic I prefer with them. The proportions of a Mego regular type 2 body are pretty much dead on representations of a Neal Adams or Jim Aparo drawn hero of the time (or John Romita, Jr. for Marvel fans). Most heroes of the 70's didn't look like body builders, just toned athletes, and the Mego proportions are perfect for that look.

Me, I've been using a vintage Mego for the vintage versions of the Diamond figures, an FTC body for the secret ID, and the included body for the modern version because of the interchangeable hands. Keeps the style pretty consistent from figure to figure.

Comment

• wise guy
                          Career Member
                          • Dec 29, 2014

Emce's swivel buff body is great if your making a Brock Lesner figure but classic Spiderman and Robin don't have weightlifter bodies

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by scott metzger
                            To me, that;s the more modern take. Mego's are children of the 70's, and that's the aesthetic I prefer with them. The proportions of a Mego regular type 2 body are pretty much dead on representations of a Neal Adams or Jim Aparo drawn hero of the time (or John Romita, Jr. for Marvel fans). Most heroes of the 70's didn't look like body builders, just toned athletes, and the Mego proportions are perfect for that look.
                            I so miss that look of heroes! I could never fall in love with the Jim Lee Batman. It's fine, but just not my vision of Batman.

All week, I have been trying to put the modern Captain America on a Type-S body, which I like, but I am re-thinking how I feel about the hip area a bit after moving a FTC RC Batman onto one earlier this week.

My issue with the DST Cap and Type S is that the head pops out, similar to the Batman Series 1 Batman head on a Type S body, But unlike the Batman head, which was loose, the Cap head fits tight. But when you turn it, it can pop out. Not sure if there is a fix for that with the way the Cap head plug is molded.

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

Try a small rubber band or O ring. That might fix it.
                              JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎