X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuzzysnail
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 18, 2007

Take me to the Bat Cave...

My son is hooked on Mego....11 years old and its his favorite toy, even over his nintendo DS. He received four figures mint with repro parts on repro cards for his birthday...he carefuly removed batman and robin (ripped em right off the card) and with his perfect memory recall remembered ..."Hey dad you said we could build a Bat Cave for these guys"

So here I am. I am going to build a Batcave from scratch. Has anyone done this before? Anyone willing to post some pics of their custom Bat Cave? I'm thinking on a pretty large scale with an elevator over a Bat pole with at least one level of Stately Wayne Manor with a revolving Book case. I also want to have flashing lights, and sound effects ie. Batman theme, or bits from Batman movies...I'm even cosidering using a small flat screen monitor from a portable DVD player as the main cave monitor. I would appreciate any feed back and I will post updates through the completion of the project.

I think I am going to base the cave off the movies with Kilmer, and Clooney. I dig the Batmobile sitting on the rising turn table in the middle of the cave.
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Check with Scott about his Dida Displaysets
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

Here's mine from the old forums....
      http://www.megomuseum.com/cgi-bin/ik...468&replies=25...more pics can be found there

Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• megoscott
        Founding Partner
        • Nov 17, 2006

Stately Caverns. This is my prototype, the final versions are being assembled for delivery now. Sliding bookcase, batpoles to the cave, paper Batsignal.
        This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

Funny you should mention that. I just finished a Batcave and 4 figures for a kid I babysit named Zachary, age 9. I don't have a digital camera, so I have to go get my pics developed today, so I can scan them! It's not as so grand a scale as Scott or Anthony have designed, it's more simple, but fun, I think. So stay tuned!
          Last edited by HardyGirl; Mar 26, '08, 8:50 PM.
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

that's awesome man
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 18, 2007

Scott that looks great...do you have those for sale?

Comment

• megoscott
                Founding Partner
                • Nov 17, 2006

Yes, they just won't be ready for a couple more weeks. The new ones look even better. Same design and art, but the vinyl is much tighter and cleaner looking.

Toyroom's design is great too, very comic-book. I think it could be adapted to fit my vinyl boxes quite easily.

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                  Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                  • Oct 8, 2007

Originally posted by Fuzzysnail
                  I'm thinking on a pretty large scale with an elevator over a Bat pole with at least one level of Stately Wayne Manor with a revolving Book case. I also want to have flashing lights, and sound effects ie. Batman theme, or bits from Batman movies...I'm even cosidering using a small flat screen monitor from a portable DVD player as the main cave monitor. I dig the Batmobile sitting on the rising turn table in the middle of the cave.

Sounds pretty ambitious, but I love your ideas. It seems to be a common scenario here. People love the Vinyl mego style ones, which are way cool, so props to Dida and Toyroom.

They also like the original realistic style sets. We see various versions of Enterprise. The flashing lights and screens, and stuff are sweet but hard to pull off, and time consuming. I thought about incorporating old cell phone screens into a playset somehow. But lighting them up might be difficult, unless you keep them sort of intact and charge em up regularly.
                  I think that if you aren't creative and handy at this stuff or time is a big factor, then finding one already made is a good option. If you love crafts and hobbies and have a place to do it, then go for it. I for one would love to see how it evolves.
                  Last edited by SUP-Ronin; Mar 26, '08, 4:13 PM.
                  "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• K
                    Fun Will Now Commence
                    • Jun 20, 2001

When my nephews were young enough to play with Megos *eyeroll* (they're 9 and 12 now and "too old" for that!), I got a slightly damaged, incomplete Mego Batcave and just added accessories to it. My own Batpole, mat, etc. They LOVED it! It's not as nice as Scott's certainly, but it's an option.

Bravo for getting another generation hooked!
                    I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by MegoScott
                      Yes, they just won't be ready for a couple more weeks. The new ones look even better. Same design and art, but the vinyl is much tighter and cleaner looking.

Toyroom's design is great too, very comic-book. I think it could be adapted to fit my vinyl boxes quite easily.
                      ^ It's on my drawing board....but first I have to get through the Didazation of my Fortress of Solitude.
                      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• megoscott
                        Founding Partner
                        • Nov 17, 2006

BTW, Fuzzy---You are at the top of the list for coolest Mego Dad ever. Wow.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 18, 2007

Love the Land of the Lost.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 18, 2007

Today we tackled the paterns. Its going to be harder than I thought but I'm determined to make it work....I'm use to the quick weekend jobs and this is deffinately a long term projeect.
                            Today I purchased some Black foam board and started trying to get an Idea for what we want. I think we will need to move my sons bed out of his room to make room. ha ha

The main batcave section is 18" tall for the bat cave alone. the next two levels will be 10" each. It is 14" deep, and 28" long.
                            The center section is a 20" circle with a 14" circle in the middle. this is where the batmobile fits, and goes up and down on the turn table..like a train station. thatswhat we worked out today....just the rough draft. I haven't decided what to make the final pruduct out of..plastic, wood, papermache or a combination.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                              The DarkSide Customizer
                              • Apr 16, 2005

You guys have really brought new Life to Mego's with all these Fantastic Playsets I have scene in the last yr. It's fantastic Stuff,.. I would like to get something one of these days,.. But with limited display room,.. it can't happen just yet. Keep up the good work.
                              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎