• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mego73
    Printed paperboard Tiger
    • Aug 1, 2003

Diamond Select Star Trek Communicator

It's great!

It has a rotating moire disc which I certainly was not expecting from a $20-30 replica.

Here's someone even geekier than me giving a demo

YouTube - Diamond Select Toys Star Trek TOS Communicator

mego73@hotmail.com
  • Cardbuff
    • Dec 16, 2007

Originally posted by mego73
    It's great!

It has a rotating moire disc which I certainly was not expecting from a $20-30 replica.

Here's someone even geekier than me giving a demo

YouTube - Diamond Select Toys Star Trek TOS Communicator
    I was really pleased with this purchase! I do have too many communicators though. I even bought a custom kit for a pricey sum back about 20 years ago, when that was all there was available. Now I want to go buy a new phaser, too!

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

That is cool. I like the sound effects and lights. But I was kinda hoping that it worked like a walkie talkie. Now THAT would be awesome!
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• kerowack
        Career Member
        • Feb 27, 2008

I love both my phaser and my communicator, but I'm REALLY upset that the phaser I bought DOESN'T WORK! I don't know if it's the batteries yet (haven't checked them), but the communicator worked out of package.

I'll be REALLY (permanently) UPSET if a battery change doesn't do the trick.

I love Diamond Select though. They are all I really look forward to as far as toys are concerned.

Comment

• mego73
          Printed paperboard Tiger
          • Aug 1, 2003

Originally posted by kerowack
          I love both my phaser and my communicator, but I'm REALLY upset that the phaser I bought DOESN'T WORK! I don't know if it's the batteries yet (haven't checked them), but the communicator worked out of package.

I'll be REALLY (permanently) UPSET if a battery change doesn't do the trick.

I love Diamond Select though. They are all I really look forward to as far as toys are concerned.
          Is there a little plastic strip inserted in the side? Pull it out if there is. Also, make sure phaser 1 is properly seated in the phaser 2 pistol grip.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• kerowack
            Career Member
            • Feb 27, 2008

Originally posted by mego73
            Is there a little plastic strip inserted in the side? Pull it out if there is. Also, make sure phaser 1 is properly seated in the phaser 2 pistol grip.
            Thanks. I did all of that, but it still hasn't worked. I haven't replaced the batteries yet and that's my last hope I think.

I still love it though, but I can't run around like an idiot like I can with the communicator.

Comment

• mego73
              Printed paperboard Tiger
              • Aug 1, 2003

I forgot the most important thing that can get overlooked by many. There is a numbered dial on top of Phaser 1, if that is turned all the way down the phaser is off. It has about 5 settings. Try that if you haven't already.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• AJJ
                • Dec 4, 2007

I really like the new release communicator. I'll have to see how much they are in the UK.
                With no power comes no responsibility. Clerks 2

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎