X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Krofft Week: Dr Shrinker

Continuing my love for all thing Krofft, I have always been super fond of Dr. Shrinker. I probably like "Far Out Space Nuts" a l'il bit more but it doesn't seem to have much merchandise so Shrinker it is...

Harmony had the license to make rack toys from all the Krofft Super Show and seemed to have fun with this show.

I was maybe a little too excited to get this magnifying glass a couple of years ago.

Another puzzle that I had no idea existed that i now need to own. Curse you HG Toys!

I nabbed these Dr Shrinker/Wonderbug (another favourite of mine) Viewmasters at a flea market this summer for ten bucks, total victory!

There is a Dr Shrinker Halloween costume but I can't seem to find right but will post to the Facebook page when I find it.

Rack Toys: Cheap, Crazed Playthings is a limited edition 144 page book from the creator of Plaid Stallions and it's full of stuff just like this. Order from us and get three free promotional post cards.
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

"Hugo! Don't tempt me!"

Ah, Saturday morning, Pop-Tarts and Dr. Shrinker! A bit a trivia...did you know the Osmonds sang the theme song? And did you know Billy Barty's character Hugo, originated on The Lost Saucer (on the episode w/ Dr. Frankenstein the 13th)? And that Jay Robinson (the good doctor) appeared on the original Star Trek (Elaan of Troyius). This is one of my faves, too.

I'm having too much fun w/ this theme, Brian!!
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

Here's the thing...

Dr. Shrinker was my FIRST FAVORITE LIVE-ACTION SHOW EVER!

To non-nostalgia people, that doesn't mean much, but to me it makes anything Dr. Shrinker related REALLY "important"

And you know what? I never knew any of this merch existed. Well---way to ruin my life, Brian! Seriously, though. Yesterday when I saw the other Krofft entry, I was secretly hoping you'd do Dr. Shrinker---and, well, here it is. So, cheers!

HardyGirl---I'm a musician and (because of my strong romantic attachment to the show) vowed to cover that Dr. Shrinker song (but unfortunately haven't gotten around to it yet)---had no idea that that very 70sesque band The Osmonds were the ones who did the song---BUT now that you mention it---it very much sounds their "sound".

I read an essay on Jay Robinson when he passed away recently----such a crazy interesting guy---a real maverivck, who, by the time Shrinker came around was kind of mellowing out.

One day I WILL have a prop replica shrink ray in my home! I'm serious!
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• HardyGirl
        • Apr 3, 2007

^ And we really wanna see that shrinking ray, Hugh...or at least, I do.

Comment

• Neutron X
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 22, 2007

Loved it back in the day! Kroft Rules!

Comment

• HardyGirl
            • Apr 3, 2007

Oh! Another piece of trivia I forgot about. Did you know that Brad (Ted Eccles) was the voice of Aaron in Rankin/Bass "The Little Drummer Boy" when he was a kid? Only then, he went by "Teddy" Eccles.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍