X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • starsky
    veteran member
    • Aug 26, 2007

Mattel Dc superheroes wave 2

anybody been able to locate mattel dc superheroes wave 2 yet? they look pretty good- aquaman, manta, firestorm, harley quinn, red superman, blue superman, and grodd build a figure...
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

No. It will be a few months before I see them. I finally just scored a complete set of the 1st Wave.

WonderWoman is in the 4th Wave. The 4 Horsemen did a very Nice job on her,.. probably the Best WW ever imo.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

I saw Aquaman, Manta, Supes Red & Blue this week at Target and passed on all of them. They looked good but I'm trying to downsize.
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

Not yet but I'm looking.
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by BlackKnight

WonderWoman is in the 4th Wave.
          That's the figure that got me into collecting the DC Universe figures.

I passed on Mattel's previous DC lines in that scale because of only ever seeing stacks and stacks of down right cringe worthy Batman varients in the stores. Not to mention their horrible case assortments and distribution. Just wasn't worth the hassle.

I was able to snag wave 1 of the DC Universe figures all in one swoop a couple of weeks ago at TRU. Gives me hope Mattel has finally learned their lesson. Best Batman figure Mattel has ever done too.

I do question them releasing Superman Red & Blue over a definitive classic version like they did with Batman. Isn't electric Sups right down there with mullet Sups as the most hated versions of the character?

I'm also really looking forward to Mattel's upcoming Infinite Heroes line.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I pretty much loathe Electric Supes Red and Blue, but my son loves the idea. He got the 9" one at Mego Meet 06 and still plays with it often. So someone likes it!

I found Wave 1 in pieces, but I did find them, which I can't say for most of the later DCSH assortments. I really like them, and the Meta..."Rex Mason" BAF. I hope this line picks up steam and gets into Wal-Mart. They will be much easier to find then.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

^ Why IS Metamorpho called "Rex Mason-The Element Man" anyway? What gives?

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

The only bad thing I have to say about the DC Universe figures so far is you have to be really careful when picking them out because a lot of them have really craptastic paint jobs.

BTW: Here's a great DC Universe action figure site I came across. Lots of pics and info.

Welcome to DCUC.info - the DC Universe Classics Info Archive.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• BlackKnight
                  The DarkSide Customizer
                  • Apr 16, 2005

I've scene Alot of the Red Toronado's.. Everyone,.. including mine just has a BS Paint Job on the Yellow ring around the cape. But whatever. I have not opened any of mine yet..., just haven't felt the need.

TR},.. I don't think he's called Metamorpho because someone out there has the rights to the name I think.
                  ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

^ If so, BK, that's weird 'cause he's been called "Metamorpho" since the 60s and was already part of the JLU figure line...

Comment

• BlackKnight
                      The DarkSide Customizer
                      • Apr 16, 2005

Yeah,.. But why else do it ?
                      Unless Kenner thought the name Metamorpho was not age Appropriate ,.. inwhich I don't understand why they would,.. it's not like it was "DeathStroke" or something.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Metamorpho's name change is a weird one. Like Anthony says, Mattel already used the name in the JLU line. I know Hasbro has had to rename some of the GI Joe RAH characters due to copyright/trademark lapses (ie "Agent Scarlett and GI Joe Hawk) but DC should have Metamorpho locked up.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎