X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Super Friends teased on Twitter today

Just minutes ago on Twitter FTC tweeted "There's some SUPER news coming for our FRIENDS who collect our 8 inch Retro action figures!"

Has to be SUPER FRIENDS! Hope figures are shown today!
  • jeffbearco
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2011

Yep, I saw that on Facebook too.

"Cautiously Optomistic"

No real interest in Zan, Jayna, or Gleek. I see them more as comic relief. But very interested in seeing the main heroes and how they turn out. Also would love to see Black Vulcan, Apache Chief, and Samurai.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Vinny0026
      Year Five!!
      • Jan 26, 2012

Looking Forward to this line. Should be awesome
      "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• TMANSTOYS
        CALLING ALL DUKES !!
        • May 12, 2011

Our friends at FTC are really doing an awesome job !!!
        "JUST 2 GOOD OLE BOYS,NEVER MEANING NO HARM "

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

Can't wait! I'm really excited for this line.
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

Thee absolute TOP of my mego wish list for as long as I can remember . Literally a dream come true for me.
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by jeffbearco
              Yep, I saw that on Facebook too.

"Cautiously Optomistic"

No real interest in Zan, Jayna, or Gleek. I see them more as comic relief. But very interested in seeing the main heroes and how they turn out. Also would love to see Black Vulcan, Apache Chief, and Samurai.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

JeffBearCO
              I hear you, but I want Wendy, Marvin, Wonder Dog, Zan, Jayna and Gleek. They're imprinted on my childhood brain and that supersedes how lame my adult brain may think they are. I don't separate them from Apache Chief, Samurai, etc.

"Later, at the Hall of Justice......"

Comment

• ovenmitt
                Persistent Member
                • May 26, 2009

YES, we MUST have ALL Super Friends and Legion of Doom (BEST season!)! FTC has shown Gleek and Jayna prototypes, now we need Zan! Wendy, Marvin, Wonder Dog are MUSTS! CORE 5 Super Friends I know we'll get and I am sure Hanna Barbara SF created characters! Want ALL 13 Legion of Doom! I hope FTC reissues Mego Hall of Justice playset, but new Hall of Doom may be hard legally since it looks like Darth Vader's helmet! Never knew how Hanna Barbara got away with that! I can hear the SF theme music pounding in my head!

Comment

• invisiblelad
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                  Thee absolute TOP of my mego wish list for as long as I can remember . Literally a dream come true for me.
                  ^^^ Me TOO! This is the perfect format for me because I want charming DC 8" retro Superfriends & especially the LoD members as I think they'll be closest to MEGO's WGSH! I hope besides for Jayna, they go w/ rooted hair for the females that warrant it (WW, Giganta, ect.) & I hope they look just like if MEGO released them in the 70s! Praying these get Mego WGSH scaled heads & that they get to things like the Batmobile, HoJ & LoD playsets! FUN 2 had for me & my nephews....eventually my Grandson/Granddaughter too! I hope the bodies are better than ever & either bandless (dreaming I know) or just perfected to Mego's functionality/poseability! I'm VERY Excited & hope they release a Bizarro that I'll love in addition to the whole Legion of Doom roster! I definitely want the Superfriends main 5, but are more excited for Black Vulcan, Samurai, Apache Chief, Hawkman, Atom, Hawkgirl, El Dorado & Rima (w/ flesh bodysuit under a separate dress + tan skin & white hair)!

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                  YES, we MUST have ALL Super Friends and Legion of Doom (BEST season!)! FTC has shown Gleek and Jayna prototypes, now we need Zan! Wendy, Marvin, Wonder Dog are MUSTS! CORE 5 Super Friends I know we'll get and I am sure Hanna Barbara SF created characters! Want ALL 13 Legion of Doom! I hope FTC reissues Mego Hall of Justice playset, but new Hall of Doom may be hard legally since it looks like Darth Vader's helmet! Never knew how Hanna Barbara got away with that! I can hear the SF theme music pounding in my head!
                  ^I want all of them, but for some reason I would question Wendy, Marvin & Wonderdog in clusion for fear they might be an unwise gamble. Would I buy them a set of these 3, definitely. Would I buy x2 of each or more, probably not. Then again, I just bought the Little Rascal "Our Gang" Mego's in a lot off Ebay (good price + GREAT quality still!), so 4 now I'm probably biased as they will be the "Kids in Peril" who will stumble upon Joker, Penguin, Catwoman & Riddler, foiling their heist, & get kidnapped for the FTC: WGH to SAVE the Day! At least that's why I bought the Mego Our Gang recently, my nephew will especially LOVE the play value of adding those "Little Rascals" to the mix if/when we get around to playing FTC "MEGOs" again!

That being said, Me wanting El Dorado & especially Rima 8" FTC Super Friends figures, I don't begrudge & will still support (committing to x1 ea.) Wendy, Marvin & Wonder Dog IF FTC releases the whole roster of Heroes & Villains & the Quality vastly improves on the bodies! If I have to replace every body, sadly I'll pick & choose buying x1 of each character. If the QC improves like it has been stated, put me down for x2 of everything FTC SUPER FRIENDS!...... < IF the heads are in scale! Excited & Optimistically Hopeful here! Now lets see some prototypes, or better yet, production shots! Hope they figured out a good way to do Wonder Woman's costume & Tiara/bracelets!

Also, I hope the Shazam family wave, Jimmy Olsen, Lois Lane, Superboy, ect. are in the STYLE as the FTC: *Super Friends figures! I really want the WGH lines like Shazam wave & Superman wave 2 to fit in w/ the FTC: SUPER FRIENDS! I want the SUPER FRIENDS / FILMATION DC JSA & other figures in 8" retro "Mego" style more than anything else being offered.

*I personally HOPE FTC: WGH Green Lantern, Hawkman, Atom, Flash, Shazam, Mary Marvel, Shazam Jr., Dr. Sivana, Jimmy Olsen, Lois Lane, ect. to fit in w/ the FTC SUPERFRIENDS line so they can also make additional FTC: Cartoon (Superfriends/Filmation) style characters: *8" Mera, Evil Star, Black Adam, Blue Bolt, Clayface, Mr. Freeze, Scarecrow ect. So MUCH FUN! I just don't want to have to buy these characters in multiple lines over & over again. I also would like the upcoming FTC: Poison Ivy to fit in w/ the WGH (WGSH repros) w/ a new head sculpt/costume but retaining the 70s vibe from the repros.

Just my wish, uniformity in future FTC DC lines & a Mego feel that differentiates these DC figures from all the hundreds of action figures released of these same characters! The more detailed sculpts (FTC: Ras Al Ghul, Scarecrow, Bizarro, Commissioner Gordon) just lose that Mego feeling for me, but still want them released for the fan base clamoring for this style. I just want 1 BIG HUGE roster of DC figures in the Mego style & I'm hoping the Superfriends line gets the whole roster of Heroes & Villains & then the Filmation DC cartoons get their most notable DC characters released as well! I just always felt the DC Megos were the Super Friends & Filamtion cartoon's figures growing up, so I'd love to see them all!
                  Last edited by invisiblelad; Feb 5, '15, 7:21 PM.

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Please God...no Wonder twins!
                    sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

^They're already in the works. It's okay if you don't like the characters, but if you exclude the supporting characters and ethnic HB heroes, any SF line becomes a half-arsed JLA IMO.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 26, 2009

Yeah, there would not be enough difference between Super Friends and JLA versions of Flash, Green Lantern, and Hawkman for instance! Same with some of Legion of Doom members but I would buy all 13 even copper skinned (instead of green) Brainiac, pink Sinestro instead of red, and blue skinned Captain Cold!

Comment

• Jeffdmia
                          • Oct 7, 2013

I'm tired of all these new lines being released. Just focus on the main DC line first. Where is series 2 of the Teen Titans mentioned so long ago? Series 4 of Batman with Scarecrow, Gordon & Rhas? Where are the non-fist fighter versions of Aquaman, Green Arrow & Shazam??? Hawkman, Flash & Green Lantern that were sculpted last year? All the other characters who are featured in artwork on the back of figure cards?? Why doesn't FTC communicate or answer questions for their customers on Facebook anymore???

Comment

• megomania
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                            Just minutes ago on Twitter FTC tweeted "There's some SUPER news coming for our FRIENDS who collect our 8 inch Retro action figures!" Has to be SUPER FRIENDS! Hope figures are shown today!
                            Well that tweet has mickey's fingerprints all over it..

Comment

• Jason73
                              Correctamundo!
                              • Jan 11, 2009

I'm more excited about the Super Friends line than any other ReMego line to date.
                              Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎