PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Wheeling tomorrow.

txteach
May 29, '07, 5:01 PM
Tomorrow I start my trek to West Virginia for megomeet. Along the way I'm picking up James (garagesale) in Oklahoma. I know this is going to be one fun trip. James seems like a good guy so we will have fun. I'm excited about meeting you all.

Flynne
May 29, '07, 8:14 PM
You are a brave man to drive from Texas. I drove the 2050 mile round trip from Wichita to Wheeling once, and only once. :)

Safe journey, and I look forward to meeting you both on Friday afternoon.

Dave Mc
May 29, '07, 8:25 PM
You'll probably be the first to start the trek. Safe Journey! I'm leaving first thing Thursday morning. Will be in Wheeling by 2pm to start unloading and such.

JDeRouen
May 29, '07, 8:30 PM
Tomorrow I start my trek to West Virginia for megomeet. Along the way I'm picking up James (garagesale) in Oklahoma. I know this is going to be one fun trip. James seems like a good guy so we will have fun. I'm excited about meeting you all.

If I'd known you were coming to Oklahoma, I'd have had you come just a little bit further to Arkansas and pick me up too! :biggrin:

saildog
May 29, '07, 9:42 PM
If I'd known you were coming to Oklahoma, I'd have had you come just a little bit further to Arkansas and pick me up too! :biggrin:

Joe, I never noticed you were in Rogers. I was at Pea Ridge last weekend. If I had known you were over that way, I would have seen if we could have met up for coffee or lunch.

steelcouch
May 29, '07, 10:03 PM
Also leaving tommorow as well but flying out at 9:00 PM. Going to be a night without sleep on a 9 hour flight.

JDeRouen
May 29, '07, 11:13 PM
Joe, I never noticed you were in Rogers. I was at Pea Ridge last weekend. If I had known you were over that way, I would have seen if we could have met up for coffee or lunch.

Definitely let me know next time you're nearby!

Hulk
May 29, '07, 11:42 PM
Thursday 8 AM flight, I expect very little sleep between now and then. The good thing is that I can always rely on 3 hours of solid sleep at the Super8 after kicking people out around 4 AM every night.

theressa
May 30, '07, 12:44 AM
We're heading out on Wed. too. Take in a little scenery and such. Then get to the Hotel and relax, LOL.

Meule
May 30, '07, 12:59 AM
Safe journey everyone and have fun

DocDrako
May 30, '07, 2:56 AM
I second Meule's comment. Have fun everyone! Maybe I can make it next year.

:grin:

mitchedwards
May 30, '07, 8:22 AM
Safe trip everyone. I was really hoping to make it this year.

megocrazy
May 30, '07, 12:44 PM
I too make the journey tomorrow with a stop off in NY to pick up John. We should arrive sometime late afternoon Thursday.

SlipperyLilSuckers
May 30, '07, 9:14 PM
I want to wish everyone a fantastic time at MegoMeet. And, I'll keep an eye on Ebay for you while you're gone ;) Looking forward to some great stories when you all get back!

txteach
May 30, '07, 11:34 PM
Well I made it to Oklahoma after a good, long drive. Garagesale and his fantastic family have been nothing but kind to me. Another member, Saildog lives here and we met up with him. He is one great guy to talk to. Overall this adventure has started with a bang.

saildog
May 31, '07, 12:02 AM
Really glad to meet ya', teach. Had a great time hanging out and wish I was rolling with you guys tomorrow. I look forward to hanging out with you again.

Hulk
May 31, '07, 12:11 AM
I should have told you guys to bring a Hulk for some Traveling Hulk picture taking sessions. If its not too late, maybe garagesale can find one for the rest of the trip. Otherwise, I bet Blue Meanie will have one to sell for the drive home, LOL.

theressa
May 31, '07, 12:57 AM
:grin:

Hulk
May 31, '07, 1:29 AM
Thursday in Wheeling is shaping up to be a real event. I remember year one, when I think we had 5 or 6 of us hanging out. Then last year I think we had about 10 of us. I think we could easily be pushing 15 to 20 people this year. Thursday Night is always one of the highlights for me, as its just about hanging out together without the pressure of dealer tables, display setup, etc.

Generally we meet at the lobby of the Super8 between 6 or 7 pm, and then struggle to figure out a place to go get some grub. Anyone can find my cell phone number on my store home page as well.