X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

FTC teases Harry Potter

A not so subtle tweet went out last night...

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

I personally don't have any plans to buy a Harry Potter mego, but am excited about this license attracting a new generation of fans to the mego format. This could be a game changer.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

That's great news for the format, and for FTC!

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

Should be very interesting, to say the least! I would love to see how they tackle a character like Hagrid, who is supposed to be at least 8 feet tall. They'd have to put him on a 12 inch body.

The main characters as kids could go onto the teen or kid bodies (and I hope they redo the teen girl design. It's awful.)

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, Snape, Lupin, McGonagall; all of them would be great in 8 inches.
        JediJaida

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

While I'm not a big Potter guy, I'm anxious to see the new goodies this line will bring, clothes, shoes, accessories, it's all welcome.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

glasses that actually looks like Ditko's Peter Parker, for one thing.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• madmarva
              Talkative Member
              • Jul 7, 2007

I really enjoyed the books and look forward to seeing the figures. It will be interesting to see if they will be based on descriptions of the characters or the likenesses of the actors.

If they are executed well, similar to 66 Batman, they will be hard for me to pass up. And as Palitoy said new custom fodder is always welcome.

Comment

• pmwasson
                Maker
                • Sep 12, 2007

"...we have big plans for this license in 2015"
                Hopefully not 3 3/4" figures and barware.
                sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

That should be an exciting license for them, assuming the core audience are also Mego-heads. That will be interesting to watch. Not anything I'm interested in, but hopefully there's a big market out there for them to tap into. Like all ventures in the Mego format, I wish them loads of success.

Comment

• jayraytee
                    Career Member
                    • May 27, 2011

Could not be more less interested. The only thing this has a potential to do is expose people that know nothing of Mego figures to the format.
                    My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• invisiblelad
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 6, 2014

No interest at all either, but if it makes money for FTC & they can keep making the DC stuff w/ improved quality, than I'm happy for anyone who is excited about the Mego format & Potter. Serious question, are they still making movies based on Potter anymore?

If the parts get put up for sale on CTVT for customizing, then that's great! If this venture takes away time from the FTC figures they are having success with, or worse tanks & costs them money that can affect the Mego repros/WGH & Batman 66, then I'll worry! But hopefully this will be benefitial for FTC, Potter fans & us as well!

Comment

• powersthatbe
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 27, 2010

i would have zilch interest in HP,but cool if they get the license which would most likely bring in loads of cash for ftc.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Well, I loved the books & found the films enjoyable. But I have no intention of collecting Potter reMegos. I'll echo other members here in hoping it does very well and helps foster other lines and many accessories,
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 27, 2007

Not figures I want, but my daughter would love them. I'd happily buy everyone they make for her. I agree, it exposes more people to the format which is a good thing

Comment

• jimsmegos
                              Mego Dork
                              • Nov 9, 2008

Seems like Re-Mego's would not be the wisest decision considering the core Harry Potter fan would have been far removed from the format and style during their youth. But then again if it's the only new licensed product on the market it may hit their nostalgia need just right and introduce them to the goodness that is the Mego style.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎