X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Gentle Giant 6 inch Kenner Star Wars?

Gentle Giant released a youtube video in December that briefly showed a 6 inch Kenner Boba Fett .

You can see a screen grab here.

It would seem that Gentle Giant might soon be offering six inch versions of the Kenner vintage Star Wars figures. They quietly released this video to YouTube on December 4th, and around the 1:17 mark you can see this: I personally find this scale way more appealing than the current jumbo...

It does make sense. The 12 inch line is winding down. Fewer and fewer big sellers like Luke Jedi or Han Endor remain and the 6 inch scale would be a lot easier to collect and display. The Boba Fett figure also looks to be pretty close to production quality for a one of a kind just for the heck of it figure.

With the 12 inch figures I'm kinda picky on which ones I get and stick to Luke, Leia, Han, etc. No way I'm spending 80 or so plus on stuff like a 12 inch Rancor Keeper or Lobot. But at 6 inch...yeah...they would be a lot harder to pass up.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

I wish they were 8" tall! Its the only scale left for Star Wars!
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

yep - 8 inch would be great!

Comment

• Iron Mego
        Wake Up Heavy
        • Jan 31, 2010

I would buy a ton of 6" figures like this!!
        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by pmwasson
          I wish they were 8" tall! Its the only scale left for Star Wars!
          Originally posted by rche
          yep - 8 inch would be great!
          But I'm assuming you guys mean 8 inch Mego style. Because 8 inch Kenner style would only be a little smaller than the 12 inch ones and kinda pointless. 6 inch scale makes sense in the Kenner style because they'd be half the size of the current GG jumbo figures and in scale with the 6 inch Black Series GG designs for Hasbro.

Originally posted by Iron Mego
          I would buy a ton of 6" figures like this!!
          Same here. I have to admit, I would probably have to buy them all in that scale. Though, I honestly, would prefer reproductions in the original 3 3/4 inch scale. It would be nice to have Kenner SW figures I could pose, put in vehicles and play with again without having to worry about stuff like breaking lightsaber tips and scraping paint on 37 year old figures.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Magenta
            • Apr 21, 2013

Originally posted by Werewolf
            But I'm assuming you guys mean 8 inch Mego style. Because 8 inch Kenner style would only be a little smaller than the 12 inch ones and kinda pointless. 6 inch scale makes sense in the Kenner style because they'd be half the size of the current GG jumbo figures and in scale with the 6 inch Black Series GG designs for Hasbro.

Same here. I have to admit, I would probably have to buy them all in that scale. Though, I honestly, would prefer reproductions in the original 3 3/4 inch scale. It would be nice to have Kenner SW figures I could pose, put in vehicles and play with again without having to worry about stuff like breaking lightsaber tips and scraping paint on 37 year old figures.
            Why would you want reproductions in the original scale? The originals are all over Ebay for cheap prices.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Magenta
              Why would you want reproductions in the original scale? The originals are all over Ebay for cheap prices.
              I already answered that.

"It would be nice to have Kenner SW figures I could pose, put in vehicles and play with again without having to worry about stuff like breaking lightsaber tips and scraping paint on 37 year old figures."

Plus not everybody has or wants an ebay account.

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

I am sure that if these see the light of day, Gentle Giant will be sure to price them above my comfort level.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                  Wake Up Heavy
                  • Jan 31, 2010

Yes, they will most likely be more than the Black Series figures, which are already past my comfort level. But I'm still all in for something like this.
                  Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• pmwasson
                    Maker
                    • Sep 12, 2007

Well, I'd like 8" to steal the heads, but that probably isn't a big enough market for them.
                    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• nobody
                      banjo!
                      • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by pmwasson
                      Well, I'd like 8" to steal the heads, but that probably isn't a big enough market for them.
                      Only size they haven't made yet. D@mn Bigots.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by megoknight
                        D@mn Bigots.
                        Lol, that's a bit much. 8 inch Mego fans are absolutely spoiled with a wealth of riches in the 8 inch Mego style. From WGSH reissues to Batman 66.

I would be overjoyed if 80s toys got that kind of reissue love.

Comment

• huedell
                          Museum Ball Eater
                          • Dec 31, 2003

Personally? The only thing I think 8-inch scale is good for, is "Megoish/soft goods" kind of stuff---other than that aspect, I believe that anything over 6-inches is virtually pointless (too big to warrant necessity), while anything much smaller than 5 inches is too small to really enjoy the detail of an action figure.

If you take the above into account, PLUS the fact that I've been lamenting not being able to collect the 12-inch GG vintage SW figures in spite of their size (which I think is too big), primarily because of their price point, then you can imagine how stoked I'd be if/when these 6-inch versions are released.

Sell these 6-inchers for half of what the 12-inchers go for---$40---and I'm in for the whole dang line.
                          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                            Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                            • Jan 22, 2008

6" would really be perfect for recreating the feeling of holding them in my little 3 year old hands. But $40 is wayyyy out of my price range for the size. $20-$25 like the black series and I'm game for at least the cantina aliens.

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by 4NDR01D
                              6" would really be perfect for recreating the feeling of holding them in my little 3 year old hands. But $40 is wayyyy out of my price range for the size. $20-$25 like the black series and I'm game for at least the cantina aliens.
                              That won't happen.

There's just too much going on what with licensing considerations and all that. I mean, you want Hasbro type prices, but Hasbro are the ones calling the shots for what GG can and can't do. Hasbro would probably sell these themselves at a smaller price point, but the niche is too small for them to care about (compared to modern 6-inch STAR WARS figures), so they'll let GG have the vintage 6-inchers---BUT, there's a price to be paid, for GG...AND for consumers. So, yeah, mayyyybe $30 minimum... but VERY probably $40+.

On the plus side, maybe the secondary market/EBay landscape will get you prices that you'd bend for----I mean, that's how I view FTC DC stuff at the moment. I think that's do-able.
                              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎