X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Boots, boots, boots!

I just ordered two sets of boots from CTVT; the complete set of flat soled boots and the high heeled boots for the six inch girls.

I had placed a pair of white high heeled boots on a Dinah more that was shoeless, and they fit with no trouble.

I'll keep you informed how the new Catwoman style boots work.
    JediJaida
  • firestarcomics
    Museum Patron
    • Jun 19, 2014

Speaking of boots......does ANYONE know where you can buy sets of KISS Mego Boots for the 12 inch figures? Classic TV Toys does NOT sell any and only have the 8inch style available by the truck load. Its kinda tough to recreate a pair of boots and tough to customize KISS platform boots.

Comment

• invisiblelad
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 6, 2014

Jedi-Jaida, can you confirm if the CTVT TEEN Girl boots, like the White pair you put on Dinah Moore (I bet you meant Mite lol!), can they easily fit over the *' Gals' legs if they are wearing bodysuits?

I'm curious if the RED Teen Girl boots at CTVT fit well over the repro FTC Wonder Woman's bodysuit w/out being too tight &/or bulging badly?

Thanks 4 any info!

Jedi Jaida or Anybody here who has bought the CTVT INVISIBLE Woman heads, how are they size wise compared to the FTC Catwoman, Batgirl & Supergirl heads, or the CTVT Generic female Super Gals' Heads w/ the different colored hair. I remember you saying they were smaller, which surmised me. I don't know why but I always assumed the Mego (& therefore repro) IG heads were either bigger or around the same size as the Super Gals heads. I have no clue why I thought that, since I am not too sure I had the Mego Invisible Girl figure. I think I might of had her, but she broke while I while still very very young. Either that or my cousin maybe had her. I remember the face looking different & the little plastic gloves, but not much else about her.

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

I put them over a pair of tights with no problem. The boots are rubbery and pliable.

The new girl heads are bigger than Dinah's is, but they are nice and firm without being hard as a rock or too squishy

I just don't like the new IG heads; the eyes are too pale, making her look like a vampire or zombie.
        JediJaida

Comment

• invisiblelad
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 6, 2014

Thanks 4 the info Jedi Jaida!

I also dislike the too light blue demon eyes on the IG CTVT heads, but think I will eventually try paintng darker eyes. That seems minoe enough 4 my nonexistent customizing experience level!

So the CTVT IG heads & the CTVT Super Gals heads (Batgirl, Catwoman, WW + Generic) are the same size abouts? I like the realism of the IG heads for a myriad of Star Trek EMCE/Mego like customs I want to try. I hope they are smaller than Mego/EMCE Lt. Uhura heads, but not so much so that they are dwarfed & therefore do not fit. I find the Mego Ma Walton head is close enough to Uhura's head size so it fits. I have a Ma Walton in BBP's Big Bang Theory's Amy's Star Trek blue science dress, & it's as close as I'm going to get w/out EMCE ever getting the green light to release Vina & Chapel, which I know is never gonna happen sadly. I'm also sad to learn from T-Bolt (I believe it was) that the Ritt fabric dye has now changed it's formula & no longer dyes the mego or mego repro bodies! I waited way too long, especially due to cost of all the parts I'll need to even attempt the list of customs I've envisioned doing for years now.

Thank You though 4 the info! I truly appreciate it greatly! I hope CTVT does ISIS dresses (w/out collar is fine due to not having DC's Isis rights) & hope they do Wonder Woman/Batgirl full sized female hero boots in all the colors they are currently doing the CW boots in.

I also agree, I would love the CW boots (& WW/Batgirl boots) in Grey, White, Brown/Tan, & Maroon!

Comment

• JediJaida
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 14, 2008

There might be other dyes, or even spray paint to achieve the color you want.

The IG, Waltons and Supergals as well as Uhura heads are about the same size.

I wish they would shrink the Maya head a couple of percentage points; its humongous compared to the new ones.
            JediJaida

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

I got the boots and only split one sole, but I didn't soften it in hot water first. Those were the black, tall cuffed boots.

The blue ones went onto Dorothy with no problem.

Word of advice, soften them up first in hot water.
              JediJaida

Comment

• scott metzger
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by JediJaida
                I put them over a pair of tights with no problem. The boots are rubbery and pliable.

The new girl heads are bigger than Dinah's is, but they are nice and firm without being hard as a rock or too squishy

I just don't like the new IG heads; the eyes are too pale, making her look like a vampire or zombie.
                Dinah's head was always small compared to the other Mego gals; never was quite sure why.

The IG heads do have odd eyes, a little lighter than the original (but her eyes were a bit on the weird side, as well). Painting them isn't too hard, though; honestly, a toothpick makes a good paintbrush with Mego eyes like that.

Comment

• JediJaida
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 14, 2008

The truth is, compared to the excellent boots offered by Castaway Toys a while back; these are a bit flimsy and thin. I especially don't like the center seam. The Castaway Toys boots were solid and had no seam.
                  JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎