X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Big sale by FTC on Dukes and JR figures

Saw this last night and thought I would share...

• Vinny0026
    Year Five!!
    • Jan 26, 2012

Looks like its only the 12" on sale.
    "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• TMANSTOYS
      CALLING ALL DUKES !!
      • May 12, 2011

I'm on these !! Can never have enough Dukes !!!
      "JUST 2 GOOD OLE BOYS,NEVER MEANING NO HARM "

Comment

• nobody
        banjo!
        • Jan 26, 2012

I can't believe FTC is having a sale. So much for series 2.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

I was wondering if the retro 12 inch stuff would sell in the market dominated by Hot Toys and Sideshow, guess its not moving.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Or they could be close enough to the bottom, they're wanting to move the remaining stock out before the next series comes in. Remember there's many more characters on deck. That's a very popular license, so I would be surprised if the line is already stagnant. I'm sure the secondary characters will be made in fewer qualities like other lines.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

I just think the 12 inch is a dead end for them, its not Sideshow quality in the bodies or heads so its probably not appealing to that crowd at all. Sure seems like if the Dukes did well we would have seen series two by now in 8 inch.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

I left them a message on Facebook about getting series two. I'm hoping we'll get our answer with their response. I always thought JR (Dallas) was an odd choice for a figure line, but I don't think it extended past the one character. However their Dukes line is suppose to have a fairly extensive list of figures, given they're selling a case for them as well. It may have taken a back seat because of the massive push on the DC license. This should be a very interesting year. I've never seen a company flood the market with so much product and do so as successfully as they have. It's pretty staggering when you think about it. It makes Mego look like an old mom and pop store.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 11, 2014

I've seen wave 2 8". Its coming!

Comment

• ovenmitt
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 26, 2009

Thanks, Mickey! I want FTC to do Daisy Duke justice with a true beautiful likeness of Catherine Bach country goddess! Maybe FTC can include Daisy's red bikini with her! Hubba hubba!

Comment

• huedell
                      Museum Ball Eater
                      • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by MIB41
                      I've never seen a company flood the market with so much product and do so as successfully as they have. It's pretty staggering when you think about it. It makes Mego look like an old mom and pop store.
                      Mego pretty much IS an "old mom and pop store" in many senses of that phrase, in the context of contrasting distribution possibilities, promo options, and overall pop culture climate with 2015's dynamics. Not only THAT, but Mego was "notably in motion" at any given time with their figures, while FTC is a nostalgia-based company which lessens design planning among other things. That said, they have the DC license and are leaning on it hard, as they should, because a lot of they stuff they're gonna experiment with will languish, and DC ('66 or WGSH) is a solid bet, although a challenge in itself, with no guarantees for smooth sailing unless they are consistent with their market research... it iS an adult collector geared line after all.

I agree with some that say that 12-inch figures are a pretty dodgy bet. It's probably in FTC's best interest to shy away from that scale, but, I wouldn't know what sales have been so far, so it's hard to be sure---

Overall. 2015 will indeed be an interesting year, as the original WGSH line-up has been majorly represented thus far, and FTC is sailing into the unknown with the WGSH character/manufacturing/marketing choices. It's good timing that middle-aged men will be prodded a bit by the steadily building slow-burn launch of the DC Film Universe---maybe it'll up the number of bites of the nostalgic collectible bugs, perfect for the FTC product
                      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
                        I've seen wave 2 8". Its coming!
                        Should we take that to mean the 12 inch line is now shuttered as Thunderbolt alluded to? In some ways I can understand that if true. It's hard to see fans of the show running out to buy an extensive 1/6th scale line up when the 1/9th scale is taking care of business. It was fun though to see the main characters represented as such.

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

I picked up the 12 inch set of Dukes because that price was just too good to walk away from. In posting these photos, I thought I should preface my comments by saying Dukes is mostly a license that commands an acquired taste for the product, unlike the DC world of heroes. Until this past week, I myself can say I hadn't sat down and watched a single episode in probably 25 years. But I liked it as a kid, but not enough to dunk full price when these came out new. But at these prices, I was easy game to take the offer and grab a set. Mego-ish in execution, but distinctive enough in likeness, there is no guessing who they are. I never felt like Mego ever accomplished that. In the 1/6th scale, I think FTC got it right.

Bo is easily my favorite here. I thought his head sculpt was perfect in blending those soft features like Mego would have, but lending plenty of actor likeness to offer charm to the overall appearance. The outfit is impeccable and fits him perfectly. Paint apps very clean and look good throughout. No body issues here. He moves as freely as any 12 inch Mego I've owned. Note: I rolled up the sleeves. He was a little more straight lace in the package. I had to make a few adjustments to match the photo.

Luke also has a nice blend of Mego style but descent actor likeness to make him another easy favorite in the series. Once again the outfit is just perfectly constructed and fits him neatly. Nice paint apps throughout and ideal body construction. No issues.

Sheriff Roscoe is another good one, but a little light on the actor likeness. It's there but much softer than the first two characters. Note: I placed the hat on him in the package. It has an alternate holding space on the tray between his feet. Once again the outfit is well made and has splendid detail. The hat is made of hard plastic, but fits on his head snug to stay put. Pretty good paint apps. Maybe a little heavy on the grey streaks in his hair, but descent nonetheless.

Boss Hog is a fun figure but could have used some height adjustment here. Clearly that wouldn't have been economical for one character, but it would have made him more believable considering how well they made his outfit. His head sculpt is descent in likeness. The problem here is the hat, being hard plastic, merely sits on his head but never snug. You move him and it would fly off. Some double sided tape would be needed to hold it secure.

Without question, FTC shows a real love for this line. The head sculpts are the best I've seen in the sporadic history of action figures for this license. The outfits are some of the best ever made for 1/6th scale at this price point. Unlike most other 12 inch lines, none of these come with extras, so the figure is it. But as I was saying, at this price point, they're an undeniable deal if you're a fan of the show and have interest in a set. I figure when these are gone, those prices will likely never be seen again so I jumped in. Glad I did. They're quality figures.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

they really need to drop the Velcro for jacket closures.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎