X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

The Dark Side of the Doh

While I'm happy Kenner married Star Wars with Play Doh and will agree that Hoth made an excellent choice, I am still completely bitter that I will never be able to make a Play Doh Lobot....
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Nice. I had the Super Powers set, and I loved it. I still have my old open one, and a boxed one.

This type of thing continues. My daughter got a Frozen Play-Doh set for Christmas, although they cheaped out on character molds. You have to make Olaf by hand!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

^ We got our girl that set too, Chris. I tried my absolute hardest to duplicate the Olaf as shown on the box. It was next to impossible. I was shocked at how cheaply that set was made. It smelled of a quickly churned out cash grab.

That Empire set is just awesome. I had the Star Wars one as a kid. From time to time, I have the idea of getting the old molds, and making the figures out of sculpey, then baking it and painting them as permanent play doh statues.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^I made some Super Powers figures out of plaster-of-paris while in Middle School. I'm not sure what happened to them, though.

Yeah, that Frozen set is pretty cheap. There have been some pretty decent Disney Princess Play-Doh sets, but Frozen aint' one of them. I got the Olaf looking okay, but Sven (the reindeer) was a disaster. They really need to put some molds in that box!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

^ We had some of those many years ago at an after school center I worked at. The elememtary school was having a craft fair, so some of the kids make baker's playdoh, and painted them. Some made necklaces or pins. They turned out pretty cool.
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            Nice. I had the Super Powers set, and I loved it. I still have my old open one, and a boxed one.

This type of thing continues. My daughter got a Frozen Play-Doh set for Christmas, although they cheaped out on character molds. You have to make Olaf by hand!

Chris
            What do you do with frozen play-doh? How do you mold it?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Let it go, let it go...

Just to clarify...although I think you're joking...it's Disney Frozen (as in the movie) Play-Doh.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                Let it go, let it go...

Just to clarify...although I think you're joking...it's Disney Frozen (as in the movie) Play-Doh.

Chris
                No, I wasn't joking. I didn't get the movie reference...I feel stupid now. LOL

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^Don't. I take for granted everyone's life has been taken over by this movie. Not everyone has a 7-year old daughter.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                    Museum Paramedic
                    • Aug 31, 2005

I had the Star Wars Play-Doh Action Set.

I'm certain that I had other Play-Doh set's, as well. I just can't remember which ones.

- Ian
                    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• TomStrong
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 22, 2011

Every time you guys type Play Doh I hear Homer Simpson in my head and I hate it.

Chris, I remember seeing that Super Powers set as a kid and dying for it. I had a bunch of those figures and vehicles and loved them, second only to Mego.

As for the Frozen movie, it's so darn popular the kids at the school asked for one of the songs to be played during prom!!! I thought, now I'm really old. No Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton but I've got to listen to this? Couldn't believe it. At a high school prom.

Comment

• Myoldtoys
                        Veteran Member
                        • May 15, 2012

I've got the first Star Wars set. My daughter still plays with the molds to make the characters (Luke, Darth, Leia, and R2-D2). They are way more fun than her Disney Princess sets.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎