Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone get their kids some FTC's for Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Did anyone get their kids some FTC's for Christmas?

So did any of your Megoheads who have raised your children in the ways of Megoness and great action figures get any FTCs for the little ones for Christmas this year?
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."
  • invisiblelad
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 6, 2014

I was hoping to do just that, but unfortunately as AWESOME as the FTC repro Mego's are, the FTC bodies they are on are not sturdy enough to withstand any normal amount of play. I literally just wish the FTC bodies were on par w/ Mego's bodies. I just got a lot of Little Rascals Mego figures of Ebay, the quality of these 40 year old toys' bodies are AMAZING! I think FTC should use Sturdier/heavier plastic, lessen the tightness of the bands, or just make replica BANDLESS bodies w/ better plastic.

If the bodies were better quality wise, as I hoped, I would of made a 70's Mego Christmas for my Nephews & Neice reminiscent of my Mgo Christmas mornings. Since the initial FTC mega huge re-Mego announcement, I had planned on buy doubles for me & at least one of each for my x2 Nephews & my niece. Now we never even play w/ my loose FTC re-Mego collection. I went w/ MUCH sturdier choices for their gifts. Saddened me though.

Comment

• invisiblelad
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 6, 2014

I will say though, that my brother and I also had a huge Mego graveyard w/ only Kirk & naked Cheron surviving the rough playing! So the bands were always a problem as well as some breakage, but they withstood many many hours (& years) of rough play (inside & out) that I think the FTC repro's wouldn't be able to withstand. Could be wrong, but they are expensive enough to not take the chance.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

christmas 2014 049.jpg
        christmas 2014 059.jpg

Yup
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Absolutely. My grandson received the first series fist fighters - Batman, Robin, Joker, and Riddler in addition to the '66 bust that he loves to call the "bat-poles" . I'm still waiting for some photos and footage from that. There's a great story to tell, but I want to save it until I have the photos and footage to show it.

Comment

• megomania
            Persistent Member
            • Jan 2, 2010

Nope, not this year. Bought my son original series 1 (Batman, Robin, Joker, Riddler) for 2013 Xmas. They're falling apart and he barely plays with them...and I bought him pink cowl Batman when it came out. His arm fell off in the package.

Just doesn't have the same nostalgia factor...

-Chris

Comment

• HardyGirl
              • Apr 3, 2007

Super! Do they have a Batmobile and Batcave, too?

Originally posted by Brown Bear
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]13698[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]13699[/ATTACH]

Yup

Comment

• HardyGirl
                • Apr 3, 2007

Oh I can't wait to see that!

Originally posted by MIB41
                Absolutely. My grandson received the first series fist fighters - Batman, Robin, Joker, and Riddler in addition to the '66 bust that he loves to call the "bat-poles" . I'm still waiting for some photos and footage from that. There's a great story to tell, but I want to save it until I have the photos and footage to show it.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 6, 2014

I look forward to pics too! If I believed my nephews could gently play w/ them, or would want to gently play at all, I would of done the same! My Grandson isn't even 2 yet & I have 100s of $$$ worth of DC Imaginext ready for him for his next Birthday & next Christmas. He'd destroy these as 2 is too young, although I started playing w/ Megos around 2-3 myself!

Comment

• megalomaniac001
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 24, 2009

I got all three of my girls a Superman. I also gave each of them them a batgirl, super girl or Wonder Woman.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                      Wake Up Heavy
                      • Jan 31, 2010

Not this year. I wanted to get her Supergirl or Wonder Woman, but didn't want to take a chance on the bodies being too tight. Waiting till they fix this issue.
                      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• madmarva
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jul 7, 2007

I gave my great niece a Wonder Woman and Batgirl (2nd grade) and my great nephew (kindergarten) a Superman and Batman. They didn't seem to be too excited about them, but they got so much stuff at the same time, it's hard to know if they will play with them or not. It's was a bit disappointing. I probably should have gotten them something they are more used to playing with, but who knows?

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎