X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

Sneak Peak: Batgirl Head Sculpt

I NEED CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISIM! ALL IDEAS WELCOMED!!

MY daughter has always wanted a mego Batgirl for the longest time now. I guess I have been waiting to see what they are going to do to with the character in the comic books but she said she wants the one in the cartoon.

Ok. Fine. I have never been happy with the goofy looking motor cycle helmet mask thing mego did.
    I started re-sculpting a new Batgirl head after combining my head sculpt with a bald Dinah head. I just stared the sculpt. I have to touch up the paint but I wanted to share my idea.

After it is done, I am going to order some repo boots, gloves and a belt. but she is coming together fine. I just rooted the red hair into the sculptey and dried and and added my first coat of paint.

Here is the sneak peak for my daughter's Batgirl.

Last edited by Cosmicman; Mar 24, '08, 11:45 PM. Reason: Touch up
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...
  • livnxxxl
    Megoholic RocketScientist
    • Oct 23, 2007

I think it looks pretty darn good vs the original.
    Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Cosmicman
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 12, 2005

Judging from that overwhelming response I could tell that what I presented must have sucked, even if it was a "Sneak peak."

So did a repaint on the sculpt and added the batgirl symbol. I am going to order some repo boots, belt and gloves to complete the figure.

Any words of advice? Anybody? I can take it.
      It will allow me to retool the head if it looks like dog**** to someone.

Once again..
      MY daughter has always wanted a mego Batgirl for the longest time now. I guess I have been waiting to see what they are going to do to with the character in the comic books but she said she wants the one in the cartoon.

Ok. Fine. I have never been happy with the goofy looking motor cycle helmet mask thing mego did.
      I started re-sculpting a new Batgirl head after combining my head sculpt with a bald Dinah head. I just stared the sculpt. I have to touch up the paint but I wanted to share my idea.
      Last edited by Cosmicman; Mar 24, '08, 8:33 PM.

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

Well Wrath,.. If its indeed "Constuctive Critisim" you are After... I'll Be your HuckleBerry . I for one always Welcome it on my figures,.. however some do not understand the concept. Keep Inmind,.. this is Constructive.

1st of all,.. the over all shape of the Mask doesn't look too Bad. However,..As far as the Face is concerned it looks as if you colored it with a Sharpe. You can tell by the Shine Tint to it. In time,.. your Daugther will have sharpe hands if she plays with it.. & It might not do too well in the heat. But when painting a Rubber Head is seldom does fully stick to the head. One of the Ears is off from the other one. So figure out which one you like best,.. then make a better copy for the other one. Her neck does look abit messed up . It looks like the wrap was kinda slapped on... & Likewise, the head looks like it doesn't move at all,.. around the Neck area. For a Better "clean look" I would suggest before you painted the head,.. you sanded down everything smooth,.. however given the material you used to sculpt it...., it might be difficult to achieve that unless you molded it outta resin 1st. Then you could sand the mask better ,.. so where it's smoother. I'd Recomend MajicSculpt. Supersculpty,.. or any variation seems to be to brittle for sanding perposes. Thats all I got,.. I only suggested any of this "Constructive Critisim" because you asked,.. So I gave.

.. Or you could pick up a Catwoman Head from Leitner,.. & Modify the ears.
        Last edited by BlackKnight; Mar 24, '08, 9:40 PM.
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• QDOGG
          Persistent Member
          • Jan 13, 2007

Awesome WIP! It's really great that you take the time to share the Mego experience with your little girl.

Comment

• Cosmicman
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by BlackKnight
            Well Wrath,.. If its indeed "Constuctive Critisim" you are After... I'll Be your HuckleBerry . I for one always Welcome it on my figures,.. however some do not understand the concept. Keep Inmind,.. this is Constructive.

1st of all,.. the over all shape of the Mask doesn't look too Bad. However,..As far as the Face is concerned it looks as if you colored it with a Sharpe. You can tell by the Shine Tint to it. In time,.. your Daugther will have sharpe hands if she plays with it.. & It might not do too well in the heat. But when painting a Rubber Head is seldom does fully stick to the head. One of the Ears is off from the other one. So figure out which one you like best,.. then make a better copy for the other one. Her neck does look abit messed up . It looks like the wrap was kinda slapped on... & Likewise, the head looks like it doesn't move at all,.. around the Neck area. For a Better "clean look" I would suggest before you painted the head,.. you sanded down everything smooth,.. however given the material you used to sculpt it...., it might be difficult to achieve that unless you molded it outta resin 1st. Then you could sand the mask better ,.. so where it's smoother. I'd Recomend MajicSculpt. Supersculpty,.. or any variation seems to be to brittle for sanding perposes. Thats all I got,.. I only suggested any of this "Constructive Critisim" because you asked,.. So I gave.

.. Or you could pick up a Catwoman Head from Leitner,.. & Modify the ears.

Thank you very much. Some people think when I get on here showing my ideas that I am "bragging" or trying to say how awesome my stuff is. In fact, I am not. I am far from doing that.
            When I post something experimental like this. I am looking for advice. I have had this Dinah head for a long time and I wanted to do something with it. I think I am going to try and sand down that Batgirl head and a repaint it. If it still looks odd, I might buy a custom head from someone to make this doll look good. I just don't dig the motor cycle helmet one mego did. I want this doll to look really good when I give it to my daughter.

Thank you for the advice. I will take in consideration your ideas and maybe take another stab it at.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎