X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brucerocks23
    • May 23, 2007

Any Other Captain Action collectors

Hi

I am new to the board and aside from restarting to collect Mego's, I am also collecting Captain Action stuff. Just wanted to see if there is anyone else

Tom
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I have a few CA things. Batman suit, mask, cape, boots, belt, batarang, drill. A Superboy costume and mask. Robin's cape. Orignal CA outfit (and hat) Action Boy outfit, boots and belt. And then quite a bit of the PM stuff.

I'm tempted by CA, but since it was before my time, the nostalgia isn't there. That's why I prefer Mego. Plus there is more to go after from Mego.

Welcome!!!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• RG
      Removed.
      • Oct 1, 2004

I so want to get a couple Captain Action figures with costumes. Mostly love to get Spiderman, Batman and Robin. I don't care to get every little misc item just the basic costumes. But I always get outbid lol, one of these days

-Russ

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

Mostly have the PM revival stuff but I do have some odds and ends of the real Ideal pieces. And, of course, I do the repro costume boxes for the Captain Action and Action Boy costumes as well as Super Queens.
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
          Museum Super Collector
          • May 18, 2007

I have a few CA items including an original complete figure and a complete Dr. Evil. Since it was the same scale as G.I. Joe I often find CA parts mixed in when I buy Joe lots so I save them seperately. The Captain Action line never really seemed to lend itself to collectibility like others did. There are a lot of small parts, the plastic was brittle and melted easily, and it just wasn't around for that long. It was an awesome concept and it's a shame Playing Mantis could not get it revived.
          - Sweep

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

I have the Playing Mantis in the Green Hornet outfit.
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• kingdom warrior
              OH JES!!
              • Jul 21, 2005

I have a custom Phantom in a CA suit and a Cy Girl in a CA outfit.I love the outfits but really dislike the doll.....

Comment

• highquality
                #1 Super Guy
                • Jun 10, 2003

I've had several complete Captain Action figures at one time or another. I still miss my Robin figure. He was something special.

Had a really nice Captain America once too. He looks pretty Badass with his long gun.

One day, when I finish my WGSH and POTA collections, I may venture back into the realm of CA. Maybe this time I'll be more careful. Those accessories are fragile and you'd cringe to know the ones I've broken.
                WorldMEGO: Where MEGOs Go! 24 Hours a Day

Comment

• steelcouch
                  Career Member
                  • Feb 11, 2006

Also collect capt action. Have mainly the main characters: spiderman, capt america, dr evil, flash gordon, batman, aquaman, and the plain capt himself. Hope to get an aqualad and robin in the near future and hopefully a supes preferably without the common vinyl tear to his cape on the neckline.

Comment

• Randy
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 12, 2006

I too collect Captain Action as well as Megos, Simpsons and GI Joe.
                    R

Comment

• david_b
                      Never had enough toys..
                      • May 9, 2008

I was still feverishly hunting for the CA Captain America and Spiderman when Mego's first appeared in Kmarts. Action Boy's STILL my favorite and have both Robin and Aqualad sets. I did buy up a lot of CA stuff a few years back like Aquaman, Batman, Spidey and Capt America, but I didn't really like the Spidey set after all my trouble of getting a run-free suit and custom gloves.

I still have Cap on the Joe WWII Harley like the old Tales of Suspense comics.. Oh, and of course a PM Doctor Evil in the lab coat ~ He simply rocks..
                      Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• Neutron X
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 22, 2007

Gotta have the first Superhero Action Figures. Big fan of Mego, Captain Action, Joe, Henshin Cyborg, AHI, Tomland, Cool KOs, and Freakies.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

I have a few CA things. Batman suit, mask, cape, boots, belt, batarang, drill. A Superboy costume and mask. Robin's cape. Orignal CA outfit (and hat) Action Boy outfit, boots and belt. And then quite a bit of the PM stuff.

I'm tempted by CA, but since it was before my time, the nostalgia isn't there. That's why I prefer Mego. Plus there is more to go after from Mego.

Welcome!!!

Chris
                          Wow, my CA collection has grown quite a bit in a year! I now have a vintage Action Boy and Robin costume and mask. And Aquaman costume/mask and Captain America costume/mask. Working on the packaging for the Cast-A-Way Captain Action figures really got me more and more into it. I blame David and Jason!!!

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                            Career Member
                            • Jun 10, 2007

I've got the PM CA stuff and thats all.
                            I just need a few more sets to complete the whole PM line.
                            Lynn

Comment

• ThatBatmanGuy
                              Career Member
                              • May 14, 2007

I have a few pieces to the Batman suit. Still working on a complete Batman and Robin.

Here's a pick of my repro CA decals:

6 year UV Gold mirror chrome vinyl and a great way to up-grade an old figure. The set includes Superman & cape, Superboy & cape, Supergirl & cape, Krypto, Batman & Robin. Anybody needs some just drop me a PM.

Bob
                              Last edited by ThatBatmanGuy; Jun 29, '08, 4:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎