X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Things to do in the Chicago area

super excited to have a couple of extra days to hang out since we're making the trek to Skokie.

What kinds of things do you like to do in Chicago?

Any suggestions? Especially for Deep Dish Pizza. I've tried a few places... what do you think is the BEST Place for Chicago style 'za?

Love me some cheese and caramel popcorn mix.
    Browse our handcrafted recipes of gourmet popcorn made in Chicago. Gluten free. Preservative free. Shop now >

thought it might be fun to see some of the locations from the Batman/Dark Knight films.
    Anyone ever gone on this Chicago Film Tour?

I've taken an architecture boat tour in Chicago before, and enjoyed that. also visited Navy Pier.
    Visit Navy Pier for endless fun, events, culture, dining, shopping. Engage with Chicago's vibrant spirit through diverse, year-round activities and attractions.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• VintageMike
      Permanent Member
      • Dec 16, 2004

I was in Chicago a couple of years ago and would have to go with Giordano's for Pizza. Pretty sure I still have the card.

Comment

• starsky
        veteran member
        • Aug 26, 2007

i'd have to agree -- giordano's for sure!! i visited chicago back in 2006 and had a great time!

Comment

• Confessional
          Maker & Whatnot
          • Aug 8, 2012

One of the great America cites… more to do than you possibly can in a few days, let alone a few years, if you like art, history, architecture, marine life, live music and food.

Go exploring… walk the city, ride the L, stay in one of the historic waterfront hotels, discover local treasures and world class institutions alike… such an easy place to enjoy life as visitor. If you have a bad time in such a cultural hub, it's likely your own fault.

Comment

• ScottA
            Original Member
            • Jun 25, 2001

I won't have time to sight-see. I'll be at the Meet the whole weekend. Although, slipping out to see Aw Yeah Comics Shop wouldn't be too bad.
            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• VintageMike
              Permanent Member
              • Dec 16, 2004

Originally posted by ScottA
              I won't have time to sight-see. I'll be at the Meet the whole weekend. Although, slipping out to see Aw Yeah Comics Shop wouldn't be too bad.
              Yes, let's not loose sight of this. Obviously families may need something to do at times, but many of us are going to see friends we only see in person once a year and meet members we haven't before. For those who never gone before, you'll understand you get there.

Comment

• SentientApe
                Career Member
                • May 1, 2014

I have lived here -- either in the city proper, or the suburbs -- for my entire life. Giordanos is absolutely the best place for deep-dish pizza.

Comment

• SentientApe
                  Career Member
                  • May 1, 2014

…also, having attended college / worked in the Loop for over 30 years, I have personally visited many movie sites, including Dark Knight and Blues Brothers. I watched one scene from "Baby's Big Day Out" (if I have the title correct...) being filmed from my office window, and somewhere have a piece of the fake toy store that was blown up in the opening scene of "Child's Play."

Honestly, however, these aren't the most exciting points to visit, unless you always wanted to stand in the same spot as Heath Ledger, or find one of these to be your most favorite movie of all time. Lower Wacker Drive was recently revamped, so it doesn't look the same as it did in Dark Knight anymore.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎