X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Found some old toy pics. Yay!

The Christmas thread in the main forum got me inspired to dig through my old photos again. Nothing real impressive. But old toy pics are a rare find for me so finding ANY is still pretty cool.

I still have Snarf and Greyskull. No idea what happened to Gurgi or the little light up teddy bear thing. The ET was painted by my Mom in ceramics class for me. Sadly, it broke many years ago.

Now, these were actually my Mom's dolls. You can see My Buddy and Kid Sister on the left and right. Unfortunately, the Chucky movies kinda ruined them for her and she got rid of them soon after.

Feel free to post your own pics.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Nice! Man, she did a great job on that E.T.! Yeah, Chucky really did ruin My Buddy, didn't he?

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
      To Fear is Not Logical...
      • Feb 17, 2008

Cool find. I need to go through a few years of slides to see if I can find any good toy photos. This one I have posted from my gallery photos before. I think it is around 1974 or 75. They are on the Pals vitamin clubhouse which was a mail away from a few years earlier. It lasted until i was too big for it as i would fold it up and put it away between use. Note the picture frame I disturbed when assembling. I dont think those photos ever stood in place. lol.
      It's all good!

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

I have a blonde My Buddy doll. Thankfully I never saw the Chucky movies. And I remember that Pal Playhouse mail-away offer. I begged my mom for those vitamins, but there was something in them that discolored my teeth, so she never bought another bottle,
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

crissyandme.jpg

Me and my Crissy doll, Christmas 1970. I don't know why I brushed her her bangs back. I'm also wearing the snowsuit (jacket not shown) and hat I got that year. If you look closely, to the right there's a "Leapin' Letters" game under the tree. I loved that game!
          Last edited by HardyGirl; Dec 22, '14, 12:38 PM.
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            Nice! Man, she did a great job on that E.T.!
            Thank you. She has a real talent for it. She could paint the tiniest details. I still have this cute little chipmunk she painted. Must be a little over an inch tall. She painted little stiches on his overalls. Just amazing.

Originally posted by UnderdogDJLSW
            They are on the Pals vitamin clubhouse which was a mail away from a few years earlier.
            Neat! That is really cool.

Originally posted by HardyGirl

Me and my Crissy doll, Christmas 1970.
            That's really cute. I like Crissy dolls too.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• EmergencyIan
              Museum Paramedic
              • Aug 31, 2005

Great pics, all of you!

I had a ceramic ET bank, when ET was big. Though, I'm fairly certain that it was purchased already paint.

- Ian
              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

I just love these pics. They're all priceless.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎